Scroll down to step Four to see step by step roof installation. (Steps will vary slightly to match everyones personal needs).
Reach Out To Us
You believe you could use one of our great services or have a simple question?
Reach out to us via a phone call or text (204-995-7047), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or directly on the form on our site (by clicking here).
We schedule a detailed Inspection
We come and inspect your concerns. Leaks can be caused many different ways but here are some things to look out for when trying to decide if it's time to replace your roof.
1) Vents, Chimneys, and Flashing- Small cracks here can occur due to weathering of the shingles or because of poor original workmanship. Even these small cracks can small serious issues for your home.
2) Dark Patches- These patches on your roof are a sign that the granules on your shingles are wearing away. The protective integrity of the shingles are greatly diminished when this occurs. Once this occurs shingles will start to crack and pitting will occur, allowing water to penetrate.
3) Broken/Missing Shingles- This mainly occurs when high winds catch curled shingles, but water and moisture have direct access to your home!
4) Curling/Clawing- Over time due to weather and moisture, shingles may curl either upwards (curl) or downwards (claw). In both instances they allow for moisture and water to leak in underneath.
If you see any, or many of these signs please give Raptor Roofing a call for an estimate! After all our estimates are free... Much unlike the potential problems a leak may cause!
All your questions and concerns will be broken down in a detailed quote. We will leave the quote with you as well as a product brochure, and warranty graph detailing different warranty options we offer. This is all provided for you to view at your own convenience.
Meet & Greet
After reviewing our detailed quote, we will arrange a time best for us to review and finalise all your options to make your ideal roof come to life. We will bring samples of all our offered products for you to physically look at and examine. All questions and concerns will be addressed by a trained professional.
Picking the color of your house is a big deal. Approximately 40% of your homes exterior appearance will change when changing the color. Most shingle color board samples will be available for your viewing. If you would like a full shingle sample please reach out to us prior to meet and greet. We do recommend picking a couple colors, and then viewing homes we have previously installed that color on for sampling. Appearance does change drastically once applied on a grand scale.
Once all decisions are finalised we go ahead and book a time to complete the project when works best for you. With Raptor Roofing all jobs get completed in order, meaning if weather delays your project you do not get bumped to the back of the list, you will be completed the following day. We do work on a first come first serve basis, so please do not hesitate to contact us, so you can receive the quickest service.
STEP FOUR (A)
Day Of Installation
We arrive at 730-8am to begin work: Step one is prep and protect. We go around your property moving and protecting all of our surroundings. We tarp, cover and surround all fragile objects. After we leave we wanna insure it looks like we never there.
We do our best to insure all products are delivered the same day as installation. Time and time again we see other companies leaving products for weeks, not only is it unpleasant to look at but can be a nuisance to get around but also a safety hazard.
You can expect Raptor Roofing to do the best job and get in and out of a job in no more then a day. (Unless told otherwise at time of quote).
STEP FOUR (B)
Removal and Examination
Now that everything is covered and protected. We install our safety equipment(harnesses, caution tape and tie-downs/roof anchors) and advise you of safety procedures for the day for coming and going.
We start removal of existing products and throw them into our onsite dump trailer. All debris is swept from the roof until deck is spotless. Nails are removed from the roof deck and not nailed back in, old nails can push their way back threw the sheeting and leave bumps under your new roof.
At this point we go ahead and clean all your eaves of debris.
After everything is removed we inspect the roof carefully looking for any spots of concern, be it rot from water penetration or animal infestation. All issues are photo documented and you are contacted immediately to discuss further options to remedy the issue at hand.
STEP FOUR (C)
Installation of New Products
After roof has been fully inspected and cleaned we go ahead and start installation:
1) Drip Edge: The first defence begins at the edge of the roof with a proper metal drip edge. We only use industrial grade, fully painted, continuous 10ft pieces. They are used to help prevent water from dripping behind your eaves, to reinforce and give strength to the often aged plywood decking, and to stop shingles from drooping with age into the eaves.
2) Ice and Water Shield- This adhesive membrane is applied to the decking surface at all eaves and valleys. It is a fully pre-adhered smooth surface roofing underlayment that provides best in class roof leak protection against wind driven rain and ice damning. When nailed into it creates a gasket effect around the nails. There are many ice and water shields on the market that are sub-par and cost effective, but we choose to only use the best products available.
3) Synthetic Underlayment- Synthetic underlayment is a woven tarp-like material that is a second back up to your shingles. After the ice and water shield is applied where needed, we continue to fully wrap the roof on your home before we begin to put shingles on. Yes, your home is water proof without this product, however, it nice to have peace of mind knowing there’s a second defense underneath. Many years ago tar paper was the industries main choice as a second defence for your roof, now synthetic underlay is the proven winner.
4) Swift Start Shingle- Applied to all leading edges of a roof, SwiftStart combines durability and flexibility for better resistance to blow offs. Some companies still practice rotating a normal shingle to use as a leading edge, this method is just seen as a cheap option as they do not offer any adhesive tar along the windward edge. SwiftStart does have a highly adhesive strip along the edge to hold the shingle down.
5) Shingle Installation- All shingles are installed too accordance with Master Shingler Association standards. Landmark shingles take roofing to a higher level. They are extremely durable. They offer beautiful color-blended lines of shingles with the wide array of colors to suit any trim, stucco or siding color. They are manufactured with precisely positioned self-sealing adhesive strips. They also have a highly proven track record as they are rated a “Best Buy” by a leading consumer magazine.
6) Landmark ShadowRidge or Mountain Ridge- ShadowRidge Hip and ridge accessory shingles are designed specifically for use with Landmark Shingles and are placed on all hips to seal up where normal shingles cannot. Optional upgrade is offered through the use of Landmarks "Mountain Ridge". It is a large price increase to upgrade, but it does definitely set you apart from your neighbours with a large slate like look. (Look above for an example of both side by side). When Landmark SwiftStart is used with Landmark ShadowRidge or Mountain Ridge on your roof, the wind warranty is raised up from 110mph to 130mph.
STEP FOUR (D)
1) Ventilation- There are Three main different types of ventilation. First being the industry standard, Duraflo 6050 vent. These have been around for decades and have proven themselves to be a reliable venting option in the market place. New to market and the main choice of Raptor Roofing is the Duraflo Weather Pro 6050. This vent provides a higher level of defence from critters and from blowing snow from entering; with its tight too the roof design. Third being OmniRoll ridge venting. This vent is cut along the top peak of your roof and allows for even airflow all throughout your attic space. It comes highly recommend for long roof lines so that moisture soaked air and hot air have an easier time finding a hole and escaping through it. Proper ventilation is something that should not be over looked because damage to your home and voiding of warranty can take place if it is not properly addressed.
2) ) Unique vents- All forms of vents, be it bathroom or kitchen exhaust fans will be replaced with a Primex RV28 high goose-neck. All plumbing stack exhaust vents are updated to new Duraflo tall thermoplastic gaskets, which is 5 times better than the standard cheap rubber gasket found on most homes.
3) Final Final Steps- Once the roof is complete, all exposed nails are tared with a Premium silicone based sealant that wont crack over time. A full blow off is completed with a gas powered leaf blower on the roof.(no brooms are used as it could affect the shigles on a warm day. Owner "Matt H" will inspect roof and make sure everything is too the highest standard and give it the Raptor seal of approval. A full gutter cleaning and magnetic sweep around the entire perimeter of the roof line is completed to ensure the property is spotless. Once we leave, instead of taking your shingles to the dump, we take the old shingles to be recycled at Greensite Recycling, where they will be ground up and re-used to make roadways.
Insuring You Are Fully Satisfied
Once 100% completed we like to go over the whole project and make sure your a 110% happy with how everything went. If any concerns arise we will be more then happy to address them on the spot :)
Most of our work comes from referrals so we thrive only by making sure our customers are satisfied.
Once satisfied we accept the following methods of payment: Cheque (best option), Cash or Certain Credit Cards. (Unfortunately credit cards will be charged an average of 3% on top of your total bill to cover charges by processing company).